Thursday, September 13, 2012

2012

Folks, As I sit in the Historical Society Library at the University of Wisconsin-Madison reading A critique of traditional schooling, I ponder the thought of education in the United States. This being an election year and all education, the economy, health care, gay marriage, and defense are the hot topics President Obama and Willard Romney will be asked to explain plans for improvement on. I feel as a voter and to my fellow readers who are voters that I should let each candidate know what I think is important in this election year. I would ask the future President of the United States to keep in mind the importance of all types of education both formal and informal. Having graduated from a public high school I full support the government financing of public education; I ask not to throw millions of dollars at the system, but rather to sit down with the local school teachers, administrators, and faculty to determine where money needs to be spent, and how resources can be used more efficiently while remaining or growing in effectiveness. The second issue that the future President of the United States should take on is health care in the United States. So often we hear stories of insurance companies not covering operations, medications, or all forms of health care. We hear stories of fellow men and women failing to be covered by insurance companies, this must stop. We live in a nation where the "American Dream" is still alive, sadly I do not believe this is true and the lies start with health care. There is no reason that any man, woman, or child should walk into a hospital and should have to worry about paying for the visit, operation, or medication. I encourage each candidate to adopt a platform that provides free health care for all Americans, the money will come, because the country is nothing with out the 99% that live and work for the well being of themselves, their family, and their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment